INFORMATION FOR HIRERS April 2021
HALFORD VILLAGE HALL
Please read in conjunction with the ‘Conditions of Hire’ and 'Additional Terms and Conditions of Hire'
Entertainment License No 13/00448/LAPREM
Registered Charity No 504012
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE ENTIRE BUILDING IS A NON SMOKING AREA
• The Hall may be booked for recurring or single lettings. Hall hire is charged by the hour or session (see separate sheet for charges). The specified rates cover use of the Hall, the kitchen and use of the lavatories. There is a separate Committee Room that has the use of the lavatories .
• Hirers must be aged 18 years or over. If the event is to involve persons under the age of 18 years, the Hirer must give assurances that children under 18 will be supervised by signing the relevant section on the Booking Agreement Form.
• Regular Bookings with Fees/Commercial Hirers: Please include copies of your relevant Public Liability Insurance Certificate to validate your booking.
• No responsibility whatsoever can be taken for any personal items left on the premises or any damage caused by them to the premises or any misuse of them by others.
• No charge is made for cleaning, provided that all facilities are left clean, tidy and in good repair, including the lavatories (as well as cooker if used). Any charges incurred due to breakages, poor cleaning, failure to replace furniture, etc. will be passed on to the Hirer or deducted from the deposit.
• No apparatus or equipment of any description can be left on the premises without the prior consent of the Management Committee.
The Hall is bookable by the hour or by package rates specified in the ‘Hall Charges’ document.
The keys will be available by prior arrangement with the Bookings Secretary. CHARGES : See Separate Sheet: ‘Hall Charges’
GENERAL HIRING CONDITIONS
Responsibility for the premises and the key rests with the Hirer during the period of access to the Hall. The hire period must include set-up and clear-up times. The premises
must not be accessed outside of the agreed hire period and must be vacated promptly at the end of the hire.
Heating is provided by electric wall heaters, which are fed by a slot meter on the far wall which takes £1 coins. The heaters should be switched on individually. Please remember to turn them off when you leave. There are also individual plug-in heaters which MUST be unplugged and turned off before leaving the hall.
The Village Hall Management Committee reserves the right to enter the Hall at any time during an event if it has reason to believe there may be a problem, and to impose further conditions on the spot or curtail the event as it considers necessary for the welfare of guests or the safety of the building or the impropriety of use.
Hirers must contact the Bookings Secretary at least one week before the date of hire. The Bookings Secretary will make arrangements for the collection of the key. The key must be returned to the collection point immediately after the hire.
The Hall holds a public entertainment licence. The current capacity of the main Hall is as follows:
• Seated at tables 60
HEALTH & SAFETY
It is the responsibility of the individual Hirers to ensure that they are aware of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to take reasonable precautions to ensure that their activities are carried out in a responsible way.
A copy of the Village Hall Health & Safety Policy is kept in a cupboard in the meeting room (near the toilets). Contact details of the delegated Committee members are also kept in the cupboard along with a first aid kit. An additional first aid kit is stored in the kitchen. A condition of the booking is that the Hirer has familiarised themselves with the Health and Safety policy on the website.
Any accidents should be reported to a delegated member and an Accident Report Form completed. Accident Report Forms/book are kept in the kitchen cupboard.
Hirers must make themselves familiar with the location of the fire extinguishers and the instructions for use, ‘break-glass’ fire alarms, emergency exits and of the importance of fire doors. Hirers will be responsible for informing all those using the Hall of the position of the emergency exits. Hirers must also familiarise themselves with the instructions on what to do in case of fire. Instructions are displayed on the notice board in the Village Hall.
Fireworks, party poppers and candles are not allowed, either for internal or external use with the exception of birthday cake candles.
There is a designated disabled parking space in the car park and access into the building for wheelchair users into the building through the gate nearby and into the Hall via the double doors. These are fire doors and must be kept open at all times when the hall is occupied. There is no accessible toilet at the moment. Assistance dogs are welcome in the Village Hall.
There is a car park behind the Village Hall accessed from Mill Lane.
CHECKLIST FOR HIRERS OF HALFORD VILLAGE HALL
In order that the Hall can be kept in good condition for all, would Hirers please do the following at the end of each hire:
1. Please ensure that the Hall floor is left in good condition (ready for the next user). Sweep or mop the floor to remove any crumbs etc. (Cleaning equipment will be found in the kitchen. Brushes and brooms are kept just outside the kitchen).
2. Make sure tables and tablecloths are clean before being put away, and put away tables and chairs where you found them.
3. Check that all taps in the lavatories and kitchen are turned off, make sure the lavatories are clean, and any cups, plates etc. that you have used are washed, dried and put away.
4. Use the bin bags provided to dispose of rubbish in the outside bin and of recycling in the appropriate containers. Any rubbish that exceeds the capacity of the outside bin must be removed by the Hirer.
5. When you leave, check that all fire doors are closed.
6. Turn off hot water.
7. Switch off all the lights you have put on, and any heaters.
8. Lock the outer doors.
9. Return the key
Thank you for your co operation
Halford Village Hall Management Committee: Registered Charity No 504012 3